Greetings and welcome to the official website of the Harford County Alumnae Chapter (HCAC) of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated! From the time that fifteen spirited members of our beloved sisterhood chartered our local chapter on June 10, 1979, HCAC has been working tirelessly to enhance the Harford and Cecil County communities via numerous public service endeavors in the following areas:
- Economic Development
- Educational Development
- International Awareness and Involvement
- Physical and Mental Health
- Political Awareness and Involvement
These areas represent our national organization’s Five-Point Programmatic Thrust and are the framework for all that we do. A number of HCAC programs and activities fall within these focus areas, including:
- Mentoring-style programs for youth which focus on college and career preparation
- Scholarships for graduating seniors
- Workshops throughout the county to increase financial literacy
- Voter registration events
- Forums for discussions with Maryland legislators
- Races/walks, zumbathons, and other activities which promote a healthier lifestyle
- Events to celebrate and support the fine arts
A warm welcome is extended to our sorority sisters who are visiting or new to the area! We invite you to join our public service efforts and fellowship with us at our events and/or chapter meetings which are held on the second Saturday of each month. If you’d like more information, please send an email to email@example.com.
Please take a few minutes to explore our website and calendar for additional information about these events and other HCAC activities.
Have a great day!!
Kira C. Sconion, President
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Harford County Alumnae Chapter Maryland